Tom Walkinshaw, who has been involved with making a few fast cars in the past, confirmed the price of the W427 will be $AUS150,000, plus on road costs. HSV will build up to 427 W427s, with vehicles being built to order. These will surely become collectors items up there with the SLR5000, VK Group A Brock, GTR XU-1 etc etc etc.
Each New Zealand and Australian HSV Dealer (64 in total) will be allocated one W427, as long as they have a firm retail order. Remaining W427s will be allocated to dealers based on 2007 sales figures.
Tom Walkinshaw has confirmed the final power output figure for the HSV W427. It will be 375kW (502.88HP) and 640NM of torque.
The Holden Special Vehicles W427 will go on sale in August. Looking forward to seeing what the 0-62MPH and 1/4 mile will be. I am guessing 4.3-4.5 to 62mph (100kph) and 12.8-13.0 for the 1/4.
The mighty Powertrain
- 7.0 Litre, LS7 Engine with HSV specific calibration
- Putting out 502.88 HP (375kw) @ 6500rpm & 640Nm @ 5000rpm
- Over radiator style cold air induction system – with high flow air filter.
- Dry sump lubrication system with 2 stage pump.
- Hand fabricated aluminium oil reservoir, with baffles for high G loading.
- Front mount, 13 row engine oil cooler
- Ceramic coated, high flow 4 into 1 extractors
- High flow catalytic converters and exhaust system (3” into 2 ¾”)
- Active bi-modal rear mufflers
- Exhaust back pressure management
- Improved noise quality
- High strength limited slip differential
- New high strength 6 speed manual gear box (TR6060)
- GMPT LS7 Clutch with new actuator and pedal assembly for high clamp loads
Save up your gas money folks.