Thursday, July 07, 2005

This from cathyodgers.blogspot.com



Its curb weight of 3451 lb. is just 154 lb. more than the 4S Coupe's, an increase Porsche claims should only pad the Cabrio's 0-100-km/h (0-62-mph) time by a couple of tenths, from 5.1 seconds to 5.3. This car will do 176 MPH.

An e-mail recieved from Cathy Odgers today......

I love cars. Flash ones.

I have this rule. I promise myself I will never drive any
car that I could not afford to buy. It is going to spoil
the fun when I buy a kick a** m**her f**king dream machine.
This is not so much a car review, as a review of what
happens when you own a certain sort of car, from a female
perspective.

In 2003 two friends of mine bought Porsche Carrera 4S
Cabriolets. Puntiki can find the photos and the boring
specs.(Above) One owner is an elder gentlemen, who is fiancee of a
girlfriend of mine and one a reasonably youthful and very
adventurous female. Both had purchased these beasts because
they love Porsche's and they could afford to. One bought
black, the other, dark grey. They go to Porsche racing
schools and genuinely enthuse Porsche.


I lived a few weeks with my female friend who has the 4S.
Our day would start like this:

8.30am Get up, get changed, call taxi
9am Pick 4S up from Hilton Hotel Carpark, go to breakfast
in Ponsonby Rd
9.10am Hit number 1 for the day, "Is that your car, it is a
beauty, by the way you have nice tits". Man leave business
card and offer for drink later
9.20am Breakfast arrives, people drool over car parked
outside
9.30am Bus pulls up, 4S is parked in the bus stop, no one
cares
10.30am Finish breakfast, girlfriend does some
stuff, probably goes to the gyn, I don't know
12.30pm I am picked up in 4S. Girlfriend
straightens the list of cards she has received. Girlfriend
has special pile of cards, I enquire what they are for - "oh
they are ones left on the car". Okay - so the 4S has its
own cards!
1pm Park car at Simunovich Fisheries. Its okay to park
there, no one will tow it. Hot guys approach girlfriend.
Speak about 4S. Have lunch with us and talk business, and
the 4S.
2.30pm Do some business while leaving 4S at Metropolis.
Valet parked out front.
5pm Return to 4S, more cards left on it. Valet guys have a
giggle.
6pm Park 4S at Hilton Hotel Carpark, again in valet parking
left out front. Giggle to girlfriend that it will have to
stay the night as we will not be in a fit state to drive it
home.
8pm Given up thinking about driving home, relax and enjoy
night out, collect more cards
3am Taxi home.

We were at a salon having stuff done one day and girlfriend
says to me - "Cathy you will have to drive, my nails are
still wet". No freaking way was my answer. I could just
see me parallel parking the 4S in Parnell Rd only to look
like a retard as it has little beeps when you get near
things or to dent it and another equally as expensive piece
of designer excellence. Driving someones car to me is as
personal as wearing their underwear. There was no way I
could fit hers!

Observations:

1. Owning a 4S means you never have to pay for parking.
2. The 4S in itself averages 15 business cards left a week.
Most male, but some female. Most of the males are very hot
looking 40+ men who either have a high performance car, or
wish they would when they ditch the W and 2K.
3. Owning a 4S is not the best thing if you wish to keep a
low profile. Everyone seems to track my girlfriend by the
car.
4. It is extremely sexy, not that practical and has a sound
system that most DJ's would die over.
5. Really fat people could not fit in the standard form
front seat. Therefore it does discriminate.
6. It is a fast car, but a safe one. You could break on a
10 cent coin so it feels safe.
7. The convertible feature is a compulsion I think, when the
hood is down it feels a bit claustrophobic. You can get 2
people in the back at a squeeze with the hood off.
8. Men dig it. They know it is a cool car. Women are not
that sure of it.
9. A lot of people will love you just for the car. Think of
it this way, it is great because you can be a bastard in
other ways and they will forgive you.
10. It’s definitely the kind of car that I would like to
own.

2 comments:

Aaron Bhatnagar said...

great blogpost. As a former Porsche owner I can agree with you that the marque is an outstanding car.

Anonymous said...

A 911 or a Boxster I'd like. But not the Cayenne. I don't care what badge it has, it has never grown on me. Posers in normal Porsches get their kicks. Drivers get it better. Once you get past (and get used to) the look of the car (and the looks you get below urban speed limits), drive it on winding roads, THEN you appreciate what engineering means. You're one with the car. Only then do you realize, a Porsche isn't pretty. It's beautiful. And that's the difference. It has a soul.