Sunday, August 28, 2005

Old car of the week. 1970 Honda N360




Puntiki:In March 1967 the Honda N 360 arrived. It is a front-wheel-drive 2-door sedan with a wheelbase of 200 cm, and a light-alloy OHC air-cooled 2-cylinder 354 cc engine with 31 HP. The rear axle was rigid with leaf springs. These cars are cute as.... I had to rebuild one when I did a mechanical course at the then " Carrington Polytechnic " in Auckland in the mid 90's. They are durable, small, spacious inside and have lots of character.... A fun car to cruise up and down Queen Street on a Friday night, as long as three large men dont decide to pick the car up and turn it over with you inside...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that the same car in an episode of Magnum PI where Tom Selleck literally had his knees to the side of the steering wheel so he could fit?

Rob Good said...

Not sure of that one Tony......

Anonymous said...

Yes it was the same car.
I love these things - as cute the nose on a kitten.

Rob Good said...

Well there you go Tony, you know your Magnum PI trivia. They are cute cars...They are fun to drive and they run on the smell of an oily rag.... Classic

Anonymous said...

I grew up in the '70s and '80s, would've died if we didn't have our then black-and-white television. His 308 Ferrari is still the one I love the most.

I could be wrong, but I think that car may have also been called the Honda Zot.

Rob Good said...

I was the biggest Magnum PI fan.... I love the 308 too...Not sure about the car named ZOT?

Anonymous said...

Well, I just checked, the Honda Zot was also called the Z360 -- but I haven't managed to find a photo (I'm not very familiar with older Hondas).

Rob Good said...

Good good Tony. That was the Japanese spec version.