Thursday, September 22, 2005

1969 Dodge Charger



Puntiki:These cars ROCK. I think of the "Dukes of Hazzard" theme song and airhorns every time I see one. They are commanding a lot of money these days and with the original series of Dukes crashing 132 of them and 13 being perished in the latest movies they are becoming few and far between. If you got one keep it.

In 1969 the total amount of Chargers manufactured was 85680. As you can see below, only 19298 of them were the R/T model which is the most coveted.

2 doors sports hardtop 6 cylinder 542
2 doors sports hardtop 8 cylinder 65840
2 doors sports hardtop R/T 8 cylinder 19298
TOTAL 85680

426 cubic inch hemi V8 with 425hp and 4 speed on the floor for me please.

Yee Ha

6 comments:

Rob Good said...

I viewed your site and that is what got me thinking.... I would like one, but even in the USA they are hard to find.

Rob Good said...

It is great.... It is contagious too...

Mike J. Stark said...

I grew up watching Duke of hazard keeping a close eye on the car and daisy duke

Rob Good said...

Ah Daisy.... I watched the program because I felt that I needed to learn to drive properly.... It has worked so far, except I have not mastered the act of jumping the car.

Mike J. Stark said...

If you wanna learn to jump a car... ya need to spend more time with Craig jumping train tracks in newmarket ay mate
I think my fav charater on the dukes of hazard (apart from the car) is Roscoe!!!

Rob Good said...

Ah yes Craig jumping train tracks...Well that was a memory...... Craig should have been a professional race car driver...