Thursday, October 20, 2005

2008 Nissan Skyline GT-R




The 2008 Nissan GT-R (Proto) was released today at the Tokyo motor show. It is still over 2 years away from production, and the final version will be officially launched at the 2007 Tokyo motor show. It is going to be finally made in left hand drive, which should boost Nissans worldwide sales, but it may well be called Infinity here in USA. Infinity is Nissans luxury division much like Toyota's Lexus which happens to mean Luxury EXport USa. The car will probably have a twin turbo v6 and 4 wheel drive pushing out 450hp maybe even more. It will be a rocketship and it will be packing plenty of technological features..... Definately a car to watch out for if you own a 911 turbo.

8 comments:

christhestampede said...

You guys should cover a Lotus (or Caterham) Super 7. These cars seem so underpublicized to me, but buying a top of the line kit from Caterham for $30,000 and coupling it with a engine and tranny from an S2000 makes for a VERY quick little roadster for VERY cheap. I had the pleasure of driving one of the baser models and it was incredible. A Caterham Super 7 actually held the world record for 0-60 for a few years until the F1 came along.

Rob Good said...

Good idea about the Lotus.... Scotty, I think that the front of the GT-R needs a touch up, but the rear of the car is great...... Hope it really has close to 500hp.

Rob Good said...

I am sure that the GT-R wil lbe the fastest and best handling factory Japanese car made.

Anonymous said...

It looks like Darth Vader.
I'm scared of it.

Anonymous said...

With the dilution of the Fairlady line to the 350Z, I reckon that a Skyline intended to be sold in the US will not be a modern equivalent of the bare-bones animal that first prowled the Wellington waterfont, killing bloated V8s on the way. It will be a half-way luxury car, I reckon, and with a large NA engine instead of the twin-turbos (the old Nissan V8 is turning up in a lot of Nascar vehicles...)

Mike J. Stark said...

This car has got BEAST written all over it. Not sure bout the head lights carrying over from the 350z but it is modern, but future designs will possibly correct that

Rob Good said...

Yes the font is a bit average. I do think it will be 4wd and twin turbo though.

Anonymous said...

I like this car, I love it because I like the design and I think it is one of the best racing cars that I have ever seen.