Friday, June 09, 2006

CLK DTM AMG Cabriolet as driven by Mika Hakkinen



Let me first say that Mika rocks. He is the F1 world champion from 1998 and 1999. I personally saw him 5 feet in front of me in Auckland during the first Americas Cup parties. I bet he could still hop in a F1 car and kick most everyones ass, but alas we will probably never get a chance to see that again.

Anyways he has the priviledge of driving for his personal car, along with Juan Pablo Montoya, a Mercedes Benz CLK DTM AMG Cabriolet. This car is powered 428 KW / 582 HP supercharged AMG V8 that propels this car from 0-100kph in 4.0 seconds. It zooms to a top speed of 300kph, although I am not sure that Mika could do that on the streets on Monaco these days.

This car is also the fastest 4 seat cabriolet in the world, although I do know of someone that has come close in a M3 convertible with the roof down at 155mph(250kph), but lets leave that at that.

Quite simply. AMG will make 100 of these cars for 277,820 Euros, so if you want to cruise like Mika, you'd better hurry along and get one now.

No comments: